Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julianna Meets Kyrie - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Julianna fought to get to the surface. She made it, but just barely. Kyrie was there and she immediately hugged Julianna fiercely and smothered her with kisses. Even though they couldn't see a thing, Kyrie knew right where to go for Julianna's mouth.
    “Julianna, thank God you're safe”, Kyrie said.
    “Yeah, I'm okay”, Julianna said breathlessly.
    “Did I hear something hit the concrete?”, Kyrie asked.
    “Yeah, the flashlight”, Julianna replied.
    “Don't tell me, it's toast”, Kyrie said.
    “Yep, it is”, Julianna said.
    “Shit”, Kyrie replied, “Now we're screwed”.
    “We'll just have to do everything by feel”, Julianna said.
    “Yeah, and that's not going to be easy”, Kyrie said.
    “No, but it can be done”, Julianna replied.
    “Yes, it can”, Kyrie said, “So let's get started”.
    “Yeah”, Julianna said.

They climbed up onto the dry floor surrounding the water.
    “It's nice to be on dry land again”, Kyrie remarked.
    “Yeah, you got that right”, Julianna agreed.
    Kyrie reached out for Julianna and found her right breast.
    “Oooh, that's nice”, Julianna said.
    “Yeah, but first thing's first”, Kyrie said, “I'll go this way”. Kyrie grabbed Julianna's arm and showed her the way she was going to go.
    “And you can go the other way and we'll meet on the other side”, Kyrie said.
    “Okay, sounds like a plan”, Julianna said.
    They started feeling the wall, each going in their respective directions. Julianna was about a third of the way around when her hand slipped into something, an opening of some sort.
    “I've got something here”, Julianna called across to Kyrie.
    “What?”, Kyrie said.
    “I don't know”, Julianna said, “My hand just slipped into it. It's an opening of some kind”.
    “Okay, let me know what it is”, Kyrie said.
    “Yep, will do”, Julianna said.

She probed into the opening with her hands. It turned out to be just a recess in the wall. It was completely empty.
    “It's just a shallow opening in the wall”, Julianna said.
    “Shit”, Kyrie said, “Okay, keep looking”.
    “Yep”, Julianna said.
    She continued on around the wall, slowly and meticulously, but found nothing. Kyrie didn't find anything either. They met on the other side with no way out of there. There wasn't even a ladder up there. It seemed they were stuck. They hugged each other tightly and kissed softly.
    “I wonder”, Kyrie said.
    “You wonder what?”, Julianna replied.
    “I wonder what's at the bottom of the water”, Kyrie said.
    “You don't think the way out of here is under the water?”, Julianna said, feeling anxious.
    “It might be”, Kyrie said, “I'm going to go down and have a look”.
    “Will you be okay?”, Julianna said.
    “Yeah, I'll be fine”, Kyrie said.

She sat down on the edge of the water with her shoes, socks and the bottoms of her pant legs in the water.
    “That's interesting”, she said, “The side feels like it slopes inward”.
    “Really?”, Julianna said.
    “Yeah, it does”, Kyrie replied.
    “Is it a shallow slope?”, Julianna said.
    “No, it's pretty steep”, Kyrie replied.
    “Damn”, Julianna said, “We could have used it to slide down into there”.
    “Yeah. Oh well”, Kyrie said, “Anyway, I'd better get going”.
    “Please come back”, Julianna said, “I don't want to lose you baby”.
    “Don't worry sweetie”, Kyrie said, “I'll be back”.
    Julianna leaned in then and they kissed passionately.
    Kyrie took three deep breaths and held it on the third one. Then she slipped off the edge and under the water. Julianna waited not so patiently up on the surface. It was difficult to know the passage of time in the complete blackness. But Julianna thought it had been about 4 minutes now. She was getting worried about Kyrie. She began to pace back and forth and immediately stopped. She didn't really know where the water was and she could fall in. It had been an eternity now. Still no sign of Kyrie. Now she was really worried. Her jeans were actually starting to dry a little now. Suddenly she peed in her pants. It felt wonderful and it helped a little. She was giving up when suddenly someone broke the surface and gulped great lungs full of air.
    “Kyrie?”, Julianna said.
    “Yes, it's me”, Kyrie replied.
    “Oh thank God!”, Julianna said, “I was so worried about you sweetheart”.
    “Well, I have some interesting news”, Kyrie said.
    “Oh?”, Julianna said, “What?”.
    “Well, there's another hatch at the bottom”, Kyrie said, “It's right in the middle. I turned the wheel and unlatched it, but I couldn't move it. You've got to remember it's got the weight of all this water on it. We need some rope or something”.
    “Rope?”, Julianna said incredulously, “We don't have any rope”.
    “Did you look everywhere when we went around the walls”, Kyrie asked as she pulled herself out of the water.
    “Yeah, I did”, Julianna said.
    “Okay, well let's go around them again”, Kyrie said, “This time let's check the floor too”.
    Julianna heaved a frustrated sigh. “Alright”, she said.
    They began to go around the chamber again, this time paying a lot more attention to the floors. They each got about halfway around when Julianna caught something with her toe. She bent down and felt around to find out what it was she had caught. At first she couldn't find anything. Then she did. She felt it very carefully, trying to pick it up with both hands. Then there was no doubt. It was a rope. How extraordinarily lucky they had been.
    “I've got a rope!”,Julianna said loudly.
    “Excellent”, Kyrie said.

She walked around the wall to where Julianna was and hugged Julianna again. They kissed, again passionately. Then Kyrie felt the rope.
    “This feels brand new”, Kyrie said, “They must come in here regularly”.
    “Shit”, Julianna said, “Let's hope they don't come in here right now”.
    “I doubt they will”, Kyrie said.
    “Why?”, Julianna said.
    “Well can you see them coming down here very often?”, Kyrie said.
    “No, I can't”, Julianna replied.
    “There you go”, Kyrie said.
    “I hope the rope's long enough”, Julianna said.
    “Well, lets find out”, Kyrie said.
    She began to lay it flat along the wall.
    “What are you doing?”, Julianna asked.
    “I'm laying it flat on the floor agains the wall”, Kyrie replied.
    “Oh, okay”, Julianna replied.

After a while, Kyrie said, “Okay we've gone all the way around once and we're still going. Yep, it's long enough”.
    Kyrie coiled up the rope and threw it in the water. Then she slipped over the side and into the water herself.
    “I'll be back”, was all she said.
    She took her three deep breaths, held it on the third breath and went under. Another eternity seemed to go by. Julianna was getting worried again. This time it seemed like a lot longer time had gone by. Julianna peed her pants again. Nervousness and anxiety always made her pee. She didn't care though. She was starting to cry when someone broke the surface.
    “Kyrie!”, Julianna cried, “Is that you?”.
    “Yeah, it's me”, she said between gulps of air. She swam over to the edge and said, “Here, take this”.
    “What is it?”, Julianna asked as she stepped toward the sound of Kyrie's voice.
    “The rope”, Kyrie said.
    “Oh, okay”, Julianna said as she took it from Kyrie.
    “Okay, we're going to have to pull on the rope with every ounce of strength we can muster”, Kyrie said.
    “Okay”, Julianna said.
    Kyrie heaved herself out of the water and grabbed part of the rope. She tied it around her waist. Then she took up the slack and said, “You ready?”.
    “As I'll ever be”, Julianna answered.
    “Okay, heave!”, Kyrie said.
    The two of them pulled with all their strength, but the rope wouldn't move.
    “Again!”, Kyrie said.
    They heaved again. They could feel the hatch move upward, but it dropped back down again with a thump.

“Okay”, Kyrie said, “This time, when we feel the hatch move upward we should keep pulling hard until we get it all the way up and over”.
    “You make it sound so easy”, Julianna said.
    “Yes, I know it's not easy”, Kyrie replied, “But we have to do it”.
    “Yeah, I know”, Julianna said.
    “Okay, you ready?”, Kyrie said.
    “Yep”, Julianna replied.
    “Heave!”, Kyrie said.
    They pulled with all of their strength. They felt the hatch starting to rise. It got higher and higher and suddenly it flipped over on it's hinges with a tremendous boom. Then they could hear the water roaring out through the new opening. They tried to high five each other, but they kept missing. They gave up and then the roar of the water died away. It seemed like the water was gone.
    “You know, I never even thought”, Kyrie said then.
    “Thought about what?”, Julianna replied.
    “About a way to get down there now that the water's all gone”, Kyrie said.
    “Shit”, Julianna said, “I didn't think about that either”.

Suddenly lights came on, banks of them. The place was fully illuminated. The two of them reacted by ducking, an incredibly stupid thing to do. It was just an initial gut reaction.
    “Quickly, we've got to get out of here!!”, Kyrie said.
    “Okay”, Julianna said.
    Kyrie ran to the edge of the opening where the water had been. She immediately saw a ladder, a set of iron rungs embedded in the wall, like in the elevator shaft.
    “Down this way!”, she said.
    She immediately started to climb down. Julianna was right behind her. She began to climb down and immediately there was a blast of pain in the arm that had held on to the iron rung in the elevator shaft.
    “Shit!”, she cursed, “Sweetheart, I can't do it”.
    “Why not?!”, Kyrie called up to her.
    “My arm is just about ready to come out of it's socket”, she replied.
    “Does it hurt?”, Kyrie asked.
    “Yes, really bad”, Julianna said.
    “Shit”, Kyrie said, “Okay, can you climb down with one hand?”.
    “I don't know, let me try”, Julianna replied.
    She started down again, this time only using one hand. It was extremely difficult, but she thought she could do it.
    “I think I'll be alright”, she called down to Kyrie, “But it's going to take me a while”.
    “Shit”, Kyrie said, “Well do your best”.
    “Shit why?”, Julianna said.
    “Well, as long as you're on that ladder, you're a sitting duck”, Kyrie said.
    “I never thought of that”, Julianna replied, “I'll go faster”.
    “Okay sweetie”, Kyrie said.
    “You doubt they'll come in here do you?”, Julianna said then.
    “I may have been wrong”, Kyrie replied.
    “At least I heard that”, Julianna said.
    Kyrie looked up at her and grinned.

Kyrie was at the bottom now and she scuttled over to the hatch and untied the rope from the hatch wheel, coiled it up and took it with her.
    By then Julianna was at the bottom and she said, “What are you taking the rope for?”.
    “We might need it”, Kyrie replied, “Well, that's the only way out of here”. She pointed at the hole in the middle where all the water had gone.
    “You're going to go down that?”, Julianna asked skeptically.
    “You got a better idea?”, Kyrie retorted.
    “Well, no”, Julianna conceded.
    “Luckily it has iron rungs embedded in it's wall too”, Kyrie said then, “And with the shaft being relatively small it'll be like having a safety cage around us. Come on, let's go”.
    “Okay then”, Julianna said hesitantly.
    Kyrie started down and when she was down sufficiently far enough, Julianna started down. It was nice to be out of that huge illuminated chamber. There were lights in here too but they must have been 40 watt bulbs. It was dim as hell. But at least they could see.

They climbed down for quite a distance. It was seeming to Julianna that they were going to go on forever, without ever finding the bottom. When it seemed as though all was lost, Kyrie suddenly said, “I see the bottom!”.
    “Good!”, Julianna said.
    “It opens out to the outside by the look of it”, Kyrie said.
    “Bad”, Julianna said.
    “Not necessarily”, Kyrie said, “We might be some distance from the people outside the waterfall”.
    “Let's hope we are”, Julianna said.
    “Yeah”, Kyrie agreed.
    Kyrie stopped just above the opening, and so did Julianna.
    “My right arm is killing me”, she said.
    “Okay, we've got to figure this out quickly”, Kyrie said, “If it does open to the outside, we'll be totally exposed. But what other choice do we have?”.
    “Not much”, Julianna said.
    “Well, let me see if I can get a look out there first”, Kyrie said.
    “Okay”, Julianna said simply.

She began to climb down again. Her feet dropped into the opening, then her legs, her waist, her torso and finally her head. Nothing happened. All was quiet. Kyrie climbed quickly back up again.
    “Looks like we're in the clear”, Kyrie said, “I didn't see anybody out there”.
    “Thank God!”, Julianna said.
    “Okay, let's go”, Kyrie said.
    “Yeah”, Julianna replied.
    They climbed down swiftly and into the opening. Now they were standing on the bottom. They could see a huge swath where all that water had gone. Looks like it had bee quite the flash flood. Trees were swept away after being uprooted. Julianna hadn't thought there was enough water to do that. But obviously there had been. Kyrie cautiously peered around the corners of the opening, but saw nobody.
    “Okay, we'll have to make a run for it”, Kyrie said, “Are you ready?”.
    “Let me catch my breath first”, Julianna said, “And my arm is still killing me”.
    “We'll have to get that looked at when we get back to civilization”, Kyrie said.
    “Definitely”, Julianna said. She was not about to let it stop them from making love. That she would do regardless of the pain.
    “Alright now?”, Kyrie said.
    “As I'll ever be”, Julianna replied.
    “Okay, here we go”, Kyrie said, “Now you're going to have to run as fast as you possibly can. Go straight down the middle of where the water went. It'll be the clearest and easiest to get through”.
    “Okay”, Julianna said.
    “Okay, three, two, one, go!!”, Kyrie said.

They exploded from the opening and sprinted toward a forest. Their wet clothes weren't hampering them to much. Their wet shoes and socks squelched, but didn't slow them down. They made it into the forest unscathed. Then they heard someone.
    “Hey!!”, they shouted, “Hey!!!”.
    They sounded a long way back. They kept running through the forest, along a creek. They splashed through deep parts of the creek, but kept going. Julianna was seriously beginning to tire now. She was gasping for breath and beginning to slow down.
    “Hey!!!!”, the voice behind them said again, “Hey!!!!”.
    They sounded a lot closer than before.

End of Chapter 5
    Chapter 6 coming soon.
Working...
X