Drying wet sheets outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drying wet sheets outside

I find if I wet the (protected) bed and don't hang the sheets up somewhere, they are still wet the following night. I prefer to hang them outside as they dry quicker, but I always wonder if the neighbours notice the yellow stains. I've also been lucky since no-one I know has unexpectedly come to my house while I dry the sheets.

I've also given up on washing my mattress protector after every wetting. It takes days to dry (even outside), so now I dry it outdside without washing and put it back on the bed. It has several stains, but doesn't really smell too bad.

You can also put something like a coat hanger or a stick under the sheet while still on the bed so it is raised like a tent.This helps it dry faster if you don't want to put them out where they can be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by droopy
      You can also put something like a coat hanger or a stick under the sheet while still on the bed so it is raised like a tent.This helps it dry faster if you don't want to put them out where they can be seen.
      Or place a bed warmer under the waterproof sheet and drive the moisture out with heat from below.

Comment

Originally posted by WBxx
        Or place a bed warmer under the waterproof sheet and drive the moisture out with heat from below.
        That sounds like a great way to melt your waterproof sheet.

Comment

Bed warmers

Just make sure u remove it before going to bed,anything electrical can be dangerous for bedwetters.

Comment

Originally posted by droopy
            Just make sure u remove it before going to bed,anything electrical can be dangerous for bedwetters.
            I’ve been using them for years beneath my waterproof sheet without issue. Below is a FAQ copied directly from the website:

Q. Are they safe if something is spilled on them (or a child wets the bed)?

A. Yes. The heating element wires within the bed warmers are shielded. In the case of bed wetting, there is also a cleanliness issue. We recommend covering the bedwarmer with a rubber sheet that can be purchased at stores such as Wal-Mart. The rubber sheet will help keep the bed warmer clean and will reduce the need to clean it regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by WBxx
              I’ve been using them for years beneath my waterproof sheet without issue. Below is a FAQ copied directly from the website:

Q. Are they safe if something is spilled on them (or a child wets the bed)?

A. Yes. The heating element wires within the bed warmers are shielded. In the case of bed wetting, there is also a cleanliness issue. We recommend covering the bedwarmer with a rubber sheet that can be purchased at stores such as Wal-Mart. The rubber sheet will help keep the bed warmer clean and will reduce the need to clean it regularly.
              Shilding can wear out ,I still say be careful.At least use it with a GFI.

Comment

Originally posted by spsh
                I find if I wet the (protected) bed and don't hang the sheets up somewhere, they are still wet the following night. I prefer to hang them outside as they dry quicker, but I always wonder if the neighbours notice the yellow stains. I've also been lucky since no-one I know has unexpectedly come to my house while I dry the sheets.

I've also given up on washing my mattress protector after every wetting. It takes days to dry (even outside), so now I dry it outdside without washing and put it back on the bed. It has several stains, but doesn't really smell too bad.
                I dry my sheets outside. I think my neighbours must know I wet the bed as there are often sheets and terry nappies on the line and I live alone. I guess no one will say anything as they are too embarrassed. Everyone knew I wet the bed when I was a kid but as I don't live in that neighborhood any more no one knows I've always wet the bed,

Comment

Working...
                X