on becoming a bedwetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on becoming a bedwetter

I know this topic comes up periodically, and I wanted to tell you all how I did it.

My wife and I have been together for the better part of a decade. In the beginning she was open to experimenting with water sports and diapers, but eventually decided she didn't like it (probably because I pushed her too hard). Eventually, she only tolerated me wearing diapers, but wouldn't participate, and would often express her displeasure of I was wearing.

About two years ago I had a health scare. It turned out to be nothing, but while I was waiting for a diagnosis, I decided I was unhappy with the arrangement and everything else be damned, I was going to get to wear diapers without judgment.

I started wetting the bed on purpose. I blamed it on the stress. It wasn't a huge stretch, as I had been a bedwetter as a young child, and I was known to wet the bed on rare occasion due to a dream (probably once a year), and also once when I had the flu. After a few days of changing the sheets, I told her I was just going to wear some diapers until this "stopped". She had no problem with that. Once I used up the remainder on my bambinos, I just started buying depends and store brand diapers because "I hoped this would all stop soon" and at one point went to the doctor (all in the hopes of being convincing). All the while I just kept on wetting any night I woke up and needed to go. I take a diuretic for high blood pressure, so I often wake at night with a full bladder. Eventually I switched to tena super, because I needed more absorbency, but couldn't afford the premium diapers for nightly use.

After about 10 months I started to wake up once or twice a month wet with no memory of when it happened. Around 12 months I switched to cloth diapers to save in the long run. By that time I had convinced my wife this was likely permanent.

Over the next 6 months I experimented with various cloth diapers and covers until I found a combination that basically never leaked. I think that was the real key. At that point, my mind gave in and stopped worrying. I no longer had any subconscious reservations about wetting or leaking. I suddenly started wetting nearly every night, often multiple times a night.

I still wondered if I was truly oblivious, or subconsciously knew I was wearing a diaper. However over the last couple months I've had a couple days I took a nap in the afternoon, without a diaper, and woke up wet.

I guess I eventually committed fully, and turned the corner from wannabe to true wetter.

Congratulations. Now you have no choice, you have to sleep in diapers. Isn’t it great!

Comment

Originally posted by floda
      I know this topic comes up periodically, and I wanted to tell you all how I did it.

My wife and I have been together for the better part of a decade. In the beginning she was open to experimenting with water sports and diapers, but eventually decided she didn't like it (probably because I pushed her too hard). Eventually, she only tolerated me wearing diapers, but wouldn't participate, and would often express her displeasure of I was wearing.

About two years ago I had a health scare. It turned out to be nothing, but while I was waiting for a diagnosis, I decided I was unhappy with the arrangement and everything else be damned, I was going to get to wear diapers without judgment.

I started wetting the bed on purpose. I blamed it on the stress. It wasn't a huge stretch, as I had been a bedwetter as a young child, and I was known to wet the bed on rare occasion due to a dream (probably once a year), and also once when I had the flu. After a few days of changing the sheets, I told her I was just going to wear some diapers until this "stopped". She had no problem with that. Once I used up the remainder on my bambinos, I just started buying depends and store brand diapers because "I hoped this would all stop soon" and at one point went to the doctor (all in the hopes of being convincing). All the while I just kept on wetting any night I woke up and needed to go. I take a diuretic for high blood pressure, so I often wake at night with a full bladder. Eventually I switched to tena super, because I needed more absorbency, but couldn't afford the premium diapers for nightly use.

After about 10 months I started to wake up once or twice a month wet with no memory of when it happened. Around 12 months I switched to cloth diapers to save in the long run. By that time I had convinced my wife this was likely permanent.

Over the next 6 months I experimented with various cloth diapers and covers until I found a combination that basically never leaked. I think that was the real key. At that point, my mind gave in and stopped worrying. I no longer had any subconscious reservations about wetting or leaking. I suddenly started wetting nearly every night, often multiple times a night.

I still wondered if I was truly oblivious, or subconsciously knew I was wearing a diaper. However over the last couple months I've had a couple days I took a nap in the afternoon, without a diaper, and woke up wet.

I guess I eventually committed fully, and turned the corner from wannabe to true wetter.
      How do you feel now you are a true wetter. It still gives me a buzz when I wake up wet with no recollection of weeing during the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewholovestobewet
        How do you feel now you are a true wetter. It still gives me a buzz when I wake up wet with no recollection of weeing during the night.
        Yeah it does. It's sometimes inconvenient, but I love waking up realizing I'm wet and don't remember when it happened. Recently, I would say I wake up about 70% of time to realize my bladder is empty, which generally promps me to stick my hand down pants and check. It nearly always means I'm wet.

Interestingly, it's generally the first sleep of the night. My wife and I have a baby, and usually her first sleep of the night is the longest (4-5 hours), then she starts waking up every two hours after that. I find that if I'm dry the first time I wake up, I'm unlikely to wet durring any subsequent sleep cycles. I don't know if it's that I get into deeper sleep the first time, with the longer chance to sleep, or if it's something else, but it holds true about 85% of the time.

Comment

Working...
        X