Deliberate bed wetting causing accidents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deliberate bed wetting causing accidents

I have wet the bed every day this week on purpose. I have a plastic sheet so it's not a problem. But last night I went to the pub and had a few drinks. This morning I woke up wet – I mean really soaked – and had no recollection of doing it. I must admit, it was quite nice to wet accidentally and it has happened before, although I am concerned it might happen when I don't want to.

I wonder how common it is for deliberate bed wetters to have the occasional accident?

well gee... All this means is that a good quality plastic sheet shal become an important component under your fitted sheet so u never need to be concerned with a wet mattress. if you dont want your blankets to get wet just use a cheaper version over top sheet such as a plastic "painters drop sheet". have a small towel rolled up with you in bed as a blotter should you have a very large wetting incident. Of course this is most convienant when living on your own like i do. and last but not least, if it feels good just do it

Comment

Originally posted by spsh
      I wonder how common it is for deliberate bed wetters to have the occasional accident?
      I can't speak for anyone else, but I've intentionally wet the bed, and I've never had a bed wetting accident.

Comment

I have wet the bed every day this week on purpose. I have a plastic sheet so it's not a problem. But last night I went to the pub and had a few drinks. This morning I woke up wet – I mean really soaked – and had no recollection of doing it. I must admit, it was quite nice to wet accidentally and it has happened before, although I am concerned it might happen when I don't want to.

Especially for those that wet in their youth, I believe it’s common for extended purposeful wetting to slowly morph into regular sleep wetting. At least that’s the case for me.

Comment

I can recall reading a rather odd paper about ‘secondary onset nocturnal adult enuresis’ (people who become bedwetters later in life) some years ago.

One of the cases described was an elderly man who had progressed to bedwetting from nocturia (frequent night time urination). This man had managed his problem by keeping a pee bottle close to the bed to avoid getting up and fully awakening himself. Apparently, over the course of time, he became sufficiently habituated to peeing semi-awake whilst lying in bed that he’d fall asleep again during peeing (dropping the bottle and getting wet) and then progressed to simply urinating in his sleep.

There were other cases cited whereby nocturia patients would manage their condition using adult diapers and gradually progress to sleep wetting over time without realising it.

The oddest thing about this paper was that it complained about being unable to get funding for bladder retraining programs somewhat rancorously blaming the patients themselves for not wanting it enough! Apparently, the authors saw a discernible pattern of patients who had established the practice of night time diapering to manage nocturia becoming comfortable with it and not wishing to bother with more invasive attempts at a cure.

Bottom line is that there seems to be a fair degree of empirical evidence that suggests that it IS possible to become a bedwetter through deliberately wetting the bed although this is a slow process of habituation.

Spending years waking up to semi-automatically pee where you are lying before drifting back off to sleep will do it whereas an under-the-covers whizz whilst cuddling your partner in a sexual frenzy once every month or so would not.

Comment

If you wet deliberately often enough you are bound to be more likely to wet in your sleep.

Comment

A few times when I have done several days of wetting I have had an accident or two later on I didn't wake up from.. I am not sure if my body got "used" to doing it -- or if I just didn't remember waking up to wet...

Comment

Originally posted by pissed_myself
                A few times when I have done several days of wetting I have had an accident or two later on I didn't wake up from.. I am not sure if my body got "used" to doing it -- or if I just didn't remember waking up to wet...
                That always used to happen to me when I was in my teens. I used to wet deliberately maybe 2 or 3 nights a week but wet in my sleep at least once or twice a week as well. I never wanted to be dry at night so if I woke up dry I always made sure I wet deliberately the following night and soon I would wet in my sleep again.

Comment

I think if you regularly wet deliberately then you must accept the occasional accident.

Comment

It happened again

It happened again. I had a few drinks last night and woke up at 3am completely soaked. I've been sleeping in my guest bed which I don't normally use and so the mattress doesn't have any stains, however, my mattress protector failed so it might do now (it's a colourful mattress with a stripy pattern and I know from wetting similar hotel beds that they don't always show the stain).

I did an experiment by hanging my mattress protector between two washing lines and pouring water on it. It's definitely leaking so it looks like I will be going to the shops this afternoon.

Comment

It happened again. I had a few drinks last night and woke up at 3am completely soaked. I've been sleeping in my guest bed which I don't normally use and so the mattress doesn't have any stains, however, my mattress protector failed so it might do now (it's a colourful mattress with a stripy pattern and I know from wetting similar hotel beds that they don't always show the stain).

I did an experiment by hanging my mattress protector between two washing lines and pouring water on it. It's definitely leaking so it looks like I will be going to the shops this afternoon.
                      Another bed wetting accident … congratulations, that’s good news, right?

Comment

Poor guy! Yeah, definitely replace that leaky protector. Try not to stress about it too much... stress might cause more accidents!

Comment

been working at sleep wetting

Have to get up to pee so often at night I have been working at becoming a sleep wetter. Wet the bed when I first get in and whenever I wake to pee just wet. Been about three weeks now barely wake up and go resting so much better will try to post pics

Comment

Originally posted by soowet69
                            Have to get up to pee so often at night I have been working at becoming a sleep wetter. Wet the bed when I first get in and whenever I wake to pee just wet. Been about three weeks now barely wake up and go resting so much better will try to post pics
                            Great to hear someone else s working at becoming a bedwetter. To me it makes far more sense to wet the bed than get up. Please do post some pictures.

Comment

Pics

can't seem to post pics says size to big don't know how to post thumbs
                              By the way barely woke up last night and let go in bed soon will be able to wet in sleep I hope

Comment

Working...
                              X