Having counselling regarding childhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having counselling regarding childhood

I am having counselling regarding my childhood and my institutionalization as a child and the effects it had on me. There are many issues i need to talk about.

I would like to talk to my counsellor about my fetish for Nappies because it is related to what happen in my childhood. And this is where it all started. But i am a bit worried about telling her. And yet i have discuss far worst things like sexual abuse.

So any advice would be helpful.

I think if you want to talk about it because you can see a link / relation to what happened in your childhood, then it's at least an important subject that needs consideration.

It's likely that in discussion, this may be "discovered" anyway as you try to get to the bottom of any problems you're currently facing. If you're only just starting sessions, then take it easy and see how it goes is my advice. I don't know where you are and the laws regarding privacy surrounding counseling but I think I'm right in saying that pretty much most countries have privacy laws regarding this, and I can't see any reason for it to go any further if you told her.

I went through some counseling a few years back which helped me sort a few issues out, I didn't touch on any sexual issues, but being honest and open about what was troubling me was a big help. It's up to you really, but I would say open up about it as long as you're comfortable with her - maybe ask first about how she'd feel discussing your present sexual desires as you think they relate to the experiences in childhood you've mentioned?

Good luck and I hope you work things out

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherGuy
      I think if you want to talk about it because you can see a link / relation to what happened in your childhood, then it's at least an important subject that needs consideration.

It's likely that in discussion, this may be "discovered" anyway as you try to get to the bottom of any problems you're currently facing. If you're only just starting sessions, then take it easy and see how it goes is my advice. I don't know where you are and the laws regarding privacy surrounding counseling but I think I'm right in saying that pretty much most countries have privacy laws regarding this, and I can't see any reason for it to go any further if you told her.

I went through some counseling a few years back which helped me sort a few issues out, I didn't touch on any sexual issues, but being honest and open about what was troubling me was a big help. It's up to you really, but I would say open up about it as long as you're comfortable with her - maybe ask first about how she'd feel discussing your present sexual desires as you think they relate to the experiences in childhood you've mentioned?

Good luck and I hope you work things out
      Thanks for your reply. Wearing Nappies wasn't a sexual thing for me and it never has been. It was a coping mechanism. The Nappies gave me comfort and i felt safe and it gave me security. This all started when i wet the bed so they put me in Nappies. This will be my second session. I haven't discussed my bed wetting yet. What i was planning to do was tell her about the bed wetting but not tell her what they did. Then in another conversation i was going to tell her that i had a fetish but i wouldn't elaborate on what it was. I was going to tell her there is a link between this and something else that i had discussed. My hope was that she work out what it was. Though i know i am going around in circles though. I might just leave it now and bring it up at a later time.

I must mention i like to keep my nappy dry i am not into messing or peeing. Ironically i do occasionally wet the bed still and it usually happens when i don't wear a nappy sigh. I imagine other children who were in a institution and wet the bed would have this fetish as well. I also imagine that she has heard this all before. She only deals with people who came from institutions. This is a specialized area.
      Last edited by nappies; August 7, 2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Nappies

Yor are probably right in assuming that she has heard it all,depending on how long she has been a counselor.As you discuss your bedwetting the diaper aspect may be a topic you could bring up.I suspect that it's a matter of embarassment for you but keep in mind that professional counselors do not judge their clients or discuss what is said outside. Good luck.

Comment

Your right it is more of embarrassment than anything else. I have spoken to her about far worse things as i mention.

Comment

If you feel that this indeed is related to your experience then you should bring it up to your counselor. Recovery is a lot like peeling an onion. Lots of layers and tears but hang in there.

Stay Pampered
            SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com

Originally posted by nappies
            I am having counselling regarding my childhood and my institutionalization as a child and the effects it had on me. There are many issues i need to talk about.

I would like to talk to my counsellor about my fetish for Nappies because it is related to what happen in my childhood. And this is where it all started. But i am a bit worried about telling her. And yet i have discuss far worst things like sexual abuse.

So any advice would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalAB
              If you feel that this indeed is related to your experience then you should bring it up to your counselor. Recovery is a lot like peeling an onion. Lots of layers and tears but hang in there.

Stay Pampered
              SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com
              I will tell her eventually. It will Be among the lines of bed wetting and how i had to wear Nappies and how i developed a fetish because of it. She knows i have got something to tell her related to bed wetting but she dosent know what it is yet.

Comment

Working...
              X