Dad being banned from seeing his children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad being banned from seeing his children

I stumbled upon this... wtf should we make from this?!
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-...n-due-26912416

I don't usually hang out in this forum, 'cause I'm not really an AB/DL type. My interests lie in the "watersports/pantypissers/public accidents" forum. But the title of this post immediately caught my attention.

Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens all the time.

Anything that is deviant, even if it isn't sexual in nature, can potentially be used as evidence that someone is not fit to be a parent. Whether and to what degree such a claim will be taken seriously obviously varies wildly from one jurisdiction to another, and also varies significantly based on the individual facts and circumstances. If you constantly pick your nose in public, wiping the snot on your trousers, and your ex-wife captures this on video while you are waiting in line at the grocery store, that can be used to show you are not a good parent. While that alone is probably not sufficient for a judge or magistrate to limit your contact with your children, that kind of evidence could, without a doubt, be used as part of a larger body of facts and evidence to show a pattern of deviant behavior.

If you aren't normal, the government can take your children away from you.

Does that surprise you?

There is a nonprofit organization that has dedicated itself to "normalizing" alternative sexuality. Much of its focus is on less marginal BDSM types of kink, such as bondage and impact play. More recently they have begun to work on issues associated with polyamory. But they are prepared to defend almost all types of kink that involve consenting adults.

A large part of their mission is to educate the government, i.e., the courts, legislative bodies, and executive agencies such as police and child protective services, and get them to recognize that having your partner tie you up and paddle you falls within a healthy range of human sexuality, and does not endanger the person's children (assuming their children are not present or participating).

Over the years, the organization has had some measurable success. They succesfully lobbied the American Psychiatric Association to alter the description and definition of certain sexual disorders in The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), in order to clearly exclude certain types of consensual behavior. This is an important manual that is used by the courts and by government agencies. It is considered an authoritative reference to what is and what is not a mental illness. It defines specific diagnostic criteria for each mental illness.

These changes to the manual were considered a major victory, akin to the removal of homosexuality from the same manual back in 1974.

Research has shown that since these changes were made, there has been a measurable decline in the number of cases in which courts and agencies have attempted to intervene on the grounds of protecting children when a parent is kinky. But I believe this research was limited to a data set from the USA.

The organization is the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom.

https://ncsfreedom.org/

There is a brief history of their campaign to change the DSM available in PDF at this link:

https://secureservercdn.net/198.71.2...Timeline-1.pdf

Some of their other work has focused on trying to change criminal laws that make it possible for a BDSM top to be prosecuted for assault and/or domestic violence even when the behavior was clearly consensual and the bottom does not wish to pursue a criminal case.

LM

Last edited by Lawrence; May 30, 2022, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X