Rep system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep system?

As a member of another similar board with such a system, i was wondering if the possibility of a positive/negative rep system exists here, and if so, if there are any plans to put it to use? I have seen it to be a positive influence on posters who are more inclined to hide in the shadows of others, myself included. Just a thought.

I assume "rep" is short for "reputation". I have seen the word used in some of the admin functions, but I am yet to figure out how it works. When I do I guess we'll give it a try.

Paul

Comment

Yeah that's what i meant. Basically a system of positively or negatively influencing someone's reputation on the site (displayed in a certain number of green/red dots next to the user name). It can obviously be used in good and bad ways, but in my experience it is usually a good thing. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Comment

Good in theory, but it can turn in to a bit of a 'circle jerk' - pardon the pun

Comment

I think this can be further expanded by taking advantage of the custom user options.

Instead of Junior Member...Beginner Wetter etc.

It's another way of rewarding loyalty to the site by post count.

The Daily Wet

Comment

Working...
          X