Volunteer Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteer Admin

We all know that the WetSet board is plagued by negativity. And we all know that the vast majority of the negativity is catalyzed by the board's thriving population of trolls who never see fit to contribute anything to our community.

I've long thought the problem is one of lack of moderation, which is understandable given that such a task would take a little bit of time.

As someone who has some experience moderating forums elsewhere on the internet, I would hereby like to volunteer to moderate the WetSet forums. Those who spread pervasive negativity without ever contributing will be banned, including perpetual troublemakers like Apemantus and toiletcontroller.

If the board wishes to continue to let our very small, fragile community be spoiled by ungrateful, vocal, petulant brats, then so be it. I, for one, am utterly sick of it. And if the question is simply one of there not being enough staff or time to moderate, I will gladly take on those responsibilities. Anyone who contributes to the board in any way or who expresses a legitimate viewpoint on content posted is safe. But I will ban any and all who use this board as an excuse to troll nearly every thread.

What say you, Wetset moderators? Are you out there?

Before you start slinging accusations around like a self-appointed deputy sherriff, I would check your facts. I have contributed lots of photos, many of them first time on here, and have been on these boards for many years.

It might occur to someone such as the Wetset Admin to ask why exactly my posts are how they are, and perhaps it has something to do with the inane dumbass crap that is posted on occasion that is so patently NOT wetting etc. You'll note should you actually take the time to do your research, I have never insulted the looks of those being photographed, I have complimented many photos and posters for genuine photos.

So, before appointing yourself as some all powerful arbiter of taste, why not consider the shocking possibility that between my years of service and your month maximum of a succession of whiny moaning cry baby but admittedly occasionally wittily worded insulting posts, maybe it is I who has maintained the board's quality more than you!?

Comment

hmm...

I think I'd prefer Apemantus as a moderator on these boards anyday.

Comment

Deeper Problem ...

I think the deeper problem is that WetSet doesn't really see the problem nor do they acknowledge the gravity of the situation that is plaguing this site.

I do not think that the folks in charge of this site, who have the power to do so, would ever appoint a non-creator moderator. I don't care if you're the most senior member with a billion posts or just a would-be do-good-er like me.

Back, before the board re-vamp, I offered my services, free of charge, to help moderate the board. I was on EVERY BOARD, AT LEAST once a day. Admittedly I was NOT a heavy duty poster and stayed out of most of the heated debates ... which, I thought, made me a good candidate because I didn't have an ax to grind with anyone. Besides that ... I knew what should and should NOT be present on each board ... granting a little bit of wiggle room on grey area topics.

However, this whole moderator topic is pretty much a moot point because there really isn't too much to moderate these days. Let's face it guys ... the site is basically degrading into a giant ad board. Which, for RIGHT NOW, is probably what WetSet wants since they sell their products and charge others to advertise here but sadly they are missing the boat on how the site functions best.

If this site degrades into nothing more than a huge ad ... meaning if there is no good activity on the forums and nobody is posting ... than I think a lot more people, myself included, will walk away. I don't need this particular site to see ads.

BUT ... back in the ol' days ... people used to come here, read all the posts, look at some free pics that somebody posted, get all hot and bothered, then buy a photo-set or movie, smack it, and walk away feeling great!

Bottom line ... you are ALL welcomed to your own opinion ... and I respect all of you but this site has cancer and it is slowly dying ... the part that makes me REALLY SAD is that it was all preventable!!!
        Last edited by NJDiaperGuy81; November 10, 2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

If anyone wants my opinion, we should get rid of the moderators we have in the chat. We should require pre-surgical males to call themselves males (female is fine after surgery).

As far as moderators on the board, as long as we have someone deleting spam, which we do, we have all the moderation that we need.

Comment

Working...
          X