New board design pluses & minuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New board design pluses & minuses

I have to say that I preferred the old board layout (easier on the eyes). I'm also less than thrilled about having to register in order to post, but hopefully it will cut down on "spam" & "flame wars".
    The ability to post photo's here is a BIG plus. As another poster mentioned, is the "photo board" now a redundancy?
    I guess I'll get used to the new look. I appreciate this resource.
    Thanks!- Vic

More + than -

I see many advantages. One of them is the possibility to contact other users. Also, I expect considerably less rubbish mails. Furthermore, it is much easier to search something. I have the impression that already now the quality is better than before.

Comment

I love the new board. The green text on black was bad for the eyes I think on the old board. Also, I'm already beginning to see who the regulars are here. The ability to be anonamous is good, but now it feels more like a community.
      The Daily Wet

Comment

Anonymity just allowed the old boards to be dominated by trolls and spammers. Adding registration introduces a new element of control and accountability. Now if you troll we know exactly who you are and it will be easier for the mods to kick your ass out.

Comment

I kind of like the idea of this new board, but I got memories from the old board that will never die. Now if only we could dig up some of the old posters like Debra and Shanna we could rock!

Comment

Originally posted by HTCMan
            I kind of like the idea of this new board, but I got memories from the old board that will never die. Now if only we could dig up some of the old posters like Debra and Shanna we could rock!
            Kitten, betanumerix, aquavite...
            (I was happy to see fluidity is here!)

Comment

I guess I had got used to the old black and green screen! On the other hand, the old board was dying from spam - this should be much better in that regard.

The scary thing, is that it looks so much like several other forums that I visit - I must be careful not to accidentally make pee-related posts to another forum!

David

Comment

Lol

That could take some explaining!

Comment

Originally posted by Omo Rashi
                  Kitten, betanumerix, aquavite...
                  (I was happy to see fluidity is here!)
                  Frodo, Maria, can't forget Katykins and Puddles *sigh* to be a teenager coming on Wetset this place was heaven

Comment

Well done guys, glad WS has taken the plunge at last

I have one suggestion - For some reason the "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" buttons do not activate unless you click on one of these buttons above first.

Other than that, it looks good. How bout some gold colour?

Comment

Working...
                    X