Photos and thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos and thoughts

Just trying out a few things - I was a little unsure when the announcment went up to only use this board for photos - would they get lost within the general content - they are one of my personal pleasures, and the many awesome amateurs who post pics are my heroes. I worry they may just be more difficult to find amidst the general (very much welcome) chatter?

I also am unsure what format works best, so am trying several approaches to see - this first post, I specifically uploaded the photos to this post as attached files.
    Attached Files

On this post, I have uploaded the file from a URL
    Attached Files

Comment

And on this, I first uploaded the pics to Imageshack and now I am posting them within the message text:

I am guessing this will be the preferred option of readers and viewers but is a bit more effort than the other two and a bit more effort, arguably, than the old photo board?

What are your thoughts, what format do people prefer? And what do we think in terms of ease of use and in terms of ability to find new photo posts?

In any case, hope everyone enjoys the pics, albeit old ones!

Comment

You are actually supposed to be using the new Photoboard Forums for photos - you can see them listed below the other message forums (http://www.wetset.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26). We will probably be turning off photos in the text boards so that photos don't "get lost within the general content", as you put it.

Paul

Comment

OK, I have turned off attachments on the text based forums - I just think it will be neater and make more sense that way. You will still be able to put the kind of photos that are links to other sites, but in general I think posts that are intended to be about photos should go on the new Photoboard Forums.

Paul

Comment

Ah!!

I see!!!

That's fantastic, really great and makes me realise how sometimes you spend a day away and you miss things!

Cheers Paul, message understood!

Comment

For what it's worth, i prefer the first post you made in this thread, compared to the others. The images are less invasive, and you don't have to scroll through large images in the middle of the thread!

Comment

Working...
              X