question about ripping videos from web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about ripping videos from web

I see a couple of you are proficient at ripping videos off of YT and posting them at sendspace (and Thank You!). You probably know that YT has changed the way it streams and now the FLV file does not land in the Temp Internet Files. That's how I used to grab them. I've checked the cache for both IE9 and Chrome, no luck.
    I imagine you are using some software to capture the whole vid. Is there a particular one that you recommend?

Thanks again

keepvid.com

go to keepvid.com...copy the web address for the vid and paste it in the box ...click convert button and save it to your computer...done

Comment

Using Firefox I just use on of the many 'add ons' available. It's often then just a case of right click and download.
      The Daily Wet

Comment

Originally posted by steve
        Using Firefox I just use on of the many 'add ons' available. It's often then just a case of right click and download.
        Best way I think. Use Firefox and install the Add-on DownloadHelper.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi
          Best way I think. Use Firefox and install the Add-on DownloadHelper.
          I go with FlashGot. Has some other nice options.

Comment

For the possible few linux users on the board: there's a nice and easy to use command line program called youtube-dl. Works like a charm. Just copy the youtube link, and in the terminal type youtube-dl youtubelink

Love

Liesje

Comment

Download Real player. After, just put your pointer in the video and a download link will appear in the upper right hand corner of the video. I am not sure if it works with explorer, but it works with firefox and google crome.

Comment

Originally posted by liesje
                For the possible few linux users on the board: there's a nice and easy to use command line program called youtube-dl. Works like a charm. Just copy the youtube link, and in the terminal type youtube-dl youtubelink

Love

Liesje
                I think there's at least three of us.
                For YouTube I recommend the YousableTubeFix userscript.
                Works directly in Chrome and using the GreaseMonkey addon in Firefox.
                Adds a download button with various qualities and does some more nice stuff, such as disabling autoplay.

Comment

Working...
                X