Television Fear Wetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Fear Wetting

This may not be to everyone's tastes, but if it is then I am posting it here because I actually haven't seen it referenced before. If you don't like fear wettings, chubby Italian women, or non-explicit scenes, then please feel free to pass this one by.

In the Sopranos episode 'Where's Johnny' (2004), Lorraine Colluzzo is bound, gagged, and 'mock executed' by Philly Leotardo. He places a thick phonebook against her chest and fires a bullet into it. She isn't injured, since the book stops the shot, but if you turn the volume up a little bit right after the gunshot, you can very clearly hear her wetting her pants in fear. It is not explicitly mentioned or shown in the scene, but it is quite clearly heard on the audio and the show has a long history of fear-related wettings with male characters. This is the only one I have ever seen, however, that includes a female fear wetting.

The gunshot occurs around 1:30 in this scene and if you listen at 1:35 you will hear the unmistakable sound of Lorraine pissing herself and the urine trickling onto the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97DGOhiFq5Q

I don't think that's what the sound is. I feel that one of the guys would have commented on it if she sat there and peer herself. Thanks for sharing it though.

Comment

Originally posted by strokeknight2
      I don't think that's what the sound is. I feel that one of the guys would have commented on it if she sat there and peer herself. Thanks for sharing it though.
      Then you aren't hearing the same sound. It is an absolutely unmistakable liquid rush immediately after the bullet discharges. I suspect that what happened was that it may have been scripted to be more explicitly referenced, but the dialogue was cut for editorial purposes (the same thing happened with a scene in Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds). The sound was left in because it didn't add any time to the scene and was contextually appropriate. There were several different wettings/shittings (mostly fear based) in other episodes of this television show and only one was explicitly mentioned at all. The others were seen or heard, but not discussed. They play fear-wetting scenes somewhat subtly in The Sopranos but they are used rather frequently. The subjects are usually only male, but this one is the exception.

Seriously. There is a very clear and very distinct liquid trickling sound at 1:35. It hisses faintly then patters audibly against the floor. It lasts almost three entire seconds until 1:38 and is used to underscore the look of absolute terror on Lorraine's face and takes place IMMEDIATELY after she thinks she's just been shot. I appreciate your right to disagree with me, but I wasn't posting this up as a "I think this might be a pee scene, please confirm with your thoughts!" This is absolutely an auditory wetting scene. The distinctive sound and its context are as clear as day. If you didn't hear it then your volume was not properly adjusted.
      Last edited by Major Travis; June 11, 2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

with the sound up you can hear a faint sound that sounds like peeing, but I'm not sure if its peeing or not

Comment

There's a few instances of people pissing/shitting in The Sopranos. They are all men though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Jameson
            There's a few instances of people pissing/shitting in The Sopranos. They are all men though.
            Shit, I reallised the OP already said this. Must be getting Alzheimers like Uncle Junior.

Comment

yup

def. sounded like she wet herself to me, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X