X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun news story

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/colu...f-a-police-car

There's a video here: https://bismarcktribune.com/news/loc...=mp-in-article

Start watching at 42 minutes to hear the cop ask her if she peed her pants. Then a few minutes later you can see the wet spot.

Comment

This is very entertaining... great dialogue and a great view of the wet spot.

It also puts on full display just how things really work here in the USA.

Yes, she was ultimately charged with obstruction. But she got a plea deal that will allow her to keep it off her record if she completes a year of probation.

The guy was fucking drunk, but he was not charged with DUI. He was released with no charges, and allowed to have his son come pick him up. And she was never taken into custody.

Can you imagine how this would have been handled if:

she was not a doctor and a member of the local school board, and
      they were black?

They both would have been sitting in jail overnight. He would have been arrested and charged with DUI, and in addition to the charge of obstruction, she probably would have been charged with intentionally damaging the police car and resisting arrest. And they probably would have been handled very roughly.

Anyone who thinks white privilege doesn't exist is literally living in a different country. This video is really disgusting. You can actually hear one of the cops telling the guy "I'm sure she's really nice when she hasn't been drinking." And they let him move the vehicle off the shoulder!

They told the guy the test was enough to charge him and then they let him go. Because "you've been gracious with us." WTF.

Comment

Yes. The way the cop was joshing around with the man and the woman made me doubt the authenticity of this video.

Comment

Originally posted by The article
          She was in the patrol vehicle for about 11 minutes, much of that time sitting quietly. Footage shows her at times appearing agitated and squirming. The video shows her urinating after about nine minutes in the car.
          The footage they did release is fantastic (as Drunk Karen walks her wet butt to the car!) but man, I wish they'd publish that one too!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxxx View Post

The footage they did release is fantastic (as Drunk Karen walks her wet butt to the car!) but man, I wish they'd publish that one too!
            Maybe you could get it from the police department through a public records request...

I'm not kidding. From the text of the article, it sounds like the police either released it to the media or they allowed a reporter to watch it. For one reason or another, the news website decided not to publish it. But if they released it to the media, then in theory it should be available to any member of the public.

Comment

Working...
            X