Header ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sort threads by start date? Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort threads by start date? Is it possible?

Is there a way to sort the threads in this forum by the date they were started rather than the date of the most recent reply?

There might be, but I think that would be a huge mistake! That's how it worked in the old forum, but new replies would be in bold and show the date too.

This php format is so much better. With this format, if an older thread gets a recent reply it gives the thread "new life." I cannot speak for other Wet Setters, but I like the forum this way just fine. Just my personal opinion.

What do others think? Chime in, folks.

Comment

2prnot2p ,
      I must agree with you on what you have posted here . Since I wasn't a member here when the old format was being used . I did at times checked in here to see what all was here at that time . I can see the difference in how both this new format works compared to the old style that was used .

That I believe this format should n't be changed at all in how it's been set up to run . I would like to see it as it's now . No changes made .

Dusty Harold

Comment

Don't get me wrong- I VERY much appreciate this forum provided by the administrators of this site.
        I would like to say that I preferred the old forum. The set-up itself was easier on the eyes, and the lack of a "registration requirement" made for a more "free-flowing" (heh!) conversation.
        Remember the well thought-out posts on the old board by "Lionheart"?
        I guess he decided to "call it quits" when the new format was adopted.
        How many others are gone, or how many new people are choosing not to post, because of the requirements?
        My humble 2 cents- Vic

Comment

I do see the advantages of the way threads are sorted now, but so often (and especially in the picture forums), I go to see something "new" and its just someone chiming in 2 weeks later about how hot some picture was.

Comment

You cannot please everyone, but I'm in agreement with those who prefer the current format to that of the old BBS. I find the colors easier on my eyes and the presentation by the date of the latest contribution to any thread rather than by the original date makes more sense to me.

Lots of the new contributors probably have grown-up with ready access to just about everything, while we older folks are still partly grounded in the "way things used to be back in the good old days."

As to the reasons for contributors' departure, and there have been many, I doubt if the switch in format has the slightest effect. The BBS had been changing for many months before Paul decided to go with this format. The BBS began to change when social

Some factors in the evolution/decay (take your pick) have been that social networking emerged as the dominant vehicle for communication on the internet; that it's easier to post links to YT clips than to write original stories or narrate personal experiences; that with easily available, inexpensive software anyone with minimal computer skills can pirate pay for view sites and post their copyrighted materials on public venues; and that it's become de rigueur for some people to flame others in complete anonymity rather than to post new materials.

I, for one, am glad that this site continues to offer us a chance to share our thoughts and finds. The type of material may be different, but we're still talking about our affinity for wetting and other forms of watersports, and we have very easy access to photo boards that appeal to a wide variety of connected kinks.

Comment

Working...
            X