jobs....no bathroom break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jobs....no bathroom break

What do you think the jobs are that don't allow a bathroom break? Just curious what you all think.

Outside of jobs where environmental conditions prohibit toilet use (deep sea divers, astronauts, etc.) laws require suitable facilities to be made available to employees at regular intervals. Places that don't abide by those laws get in serious legal trouble pretty quickly.

Comment

What a shame, laws always spoil good things. But what about a situation where there simply is no 'bathroom' to take a break at? There must be enought of these, if you can only find them.
      Couriere on a coach tour comes to mind: She might be allowed a bathroom break every 2 or 3 hours, but what use is that is the coach does not, or canno find anywhere to stop? Would squating by the back wheel constitute a 'legal' bathroom break.

What if she is wearing some costume that does not allow urination. The ultimate torture? She can visit the bathroom but cannot remove her costume to release urine. Would it be called a 'bathroom break' if she was only allowed to pee in her costume?
      There are some jobs where a comfort break is far from easy or convenient; Airport check-in counter, supermarket check-out, light aircroft pilot, when it is theoreticallly possble to have a break but not encouraged.
      I knew a girl who worked at Heathrow airport and she told me "If you really need to go, you can phone and ask for a replacement, but it is not easy, nor are you very popular with the supervisor if you keep doing it."

Comment

Diapers are the solution

Comment

nurses

Many nurses barely get any form of a break.. I have seen nurses have to hold it for their entire shift (12+ hours, worst I saw was 20 hours).

Comment

Exams

Some schools used not to allow any sudent to leave the room during an exam.
            One girl old me that she had to take 3 hour exams in th morning with no possibility of a break. She admitted to wanting to pee before half-time and still being made to wait the full 3 hours. She said she 'nearly died' in each exam, and that it was jeopardised her chances in the exam because at he end she was not capable of thinking, let alone writing, she wanted to pee so badly.
            She managed to pass the exams however.

Genxer, you wrote:-
            ''any nurses barely get any form of a break.. I have seen nurses have to hold it for their entire shift (12+ hours, worst I saw was 20 hours)."

Well let's hear more details, please. 20 hrs must be nearly a world record.

Comment

The 20 hours I have seen was working in emergency psych. Since we couldn't leave until all the patients had gone to the floor or been discharged the the psychiatrist decided to not come in till 8 hours into our shift. The nurse did not get to use the restroom... though this wasn't a problem for her because she refused to use any bathroom but the one at her house. After we left she still had a 2 hour drive back to her house to use her bathroom... I did not see her drink much fluid in the 20 hours, maybe 500-700ml.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Tester
                Some schools used not to allow any sudent to leave the room during an exam.
                That's actually policy for most schools during testing. Reason many of us chose to wear diapers for exams. It was actually more common than you'd think in college, having back-to-back exams on different sides of campus with only 15 minutes between classes didn't leave much time for restroom trips.

Comment

Exams

Deltafoxtrot:
                  This was at a school in UK. As far as I know this girl did not wear daipers, but somehow forced herself to wait. Hence the expression "I nearly died" from that she was dying for a pee.
                  I like to think that her other comment, "I could not write anything at the end." was due to her simply having to keep at least one hand pressed between her legs to hold in her pee. (try writing like this, and you will see how difficult it is.)
                  She was a slightly overweiht girl who did not have very big bladder and often needed to pee, so the exam would have been just about the absolute limit of her capacity. Her favourite expression was "I'm popping for a pee" I bet that morning she was nearer to the 'Big Bang' than a pop.

Comment

Speaking of the nurse theme.... I am not a nurse but I am the office manager at a medical clinic, and everyone from the surrounding medical complexes inc. the hospital all have lunch at the same places, so I know all the folks and have heard this story a couple of times. There was a nurse named Kathy who had been working a double and not had the chance to go to the bathroom for the last couple of hours, so she was really bursting, and when things kind of slowed down in the ER she headed for the bathroom but then the doors to the hospital opened and the EMTs started wheeling in a bunch of people on gurneys because there had been a pile-up on the freeway. Kathy couldn't just leave them to spout blood all over the place and maybe die so she ran back into the ER and ended up having to look after some guy's tracheotomy. That can be a life or death thing so she couldn't leave. She didn't make it. Peed her pants on the job. Light blue hospital scrubs, so everyone could totally see what she had done. All the other girls defended her, said "It could have happened to anybody, nothing she could do about it," but I secretly thought Kathy's nonchalant attitude to the whole story was just a bit fetishistic. By the way, she was early 40's, single, athletic but slightly chunky build, very tall, longish brown hair, sweet face.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria
                      Speaking of the nurse theme.... I am not a nurse but I am the office manager at a medical clinic, and everyone from the surrounding medical complexes inc. the hospital all have lunch at the same places, so I know all the folks and have heard this story a couple of times. There was a nurse named Kathy who had been working a double and not had the chance to go to the bathroom for the last couple of hours, so she was really bursting, and when things kind of slowed down in the ER she headed for the bathroom but then the doors to the hospital opened and the EMTs started wheeling in a bunch of people on gurneys because there had been a pile-up on the freeway. Kathy couldn't just leave them to spout blood all over the place and maybe die so she ran back into the ER and ended up having to look after some guy's tracheotomy. That can be a life or death thing so she couldn't leave. She didn't make it. Peed her pants on the job. Light blue hospital scrubs, so everyone could totally see what she had done. All the other girls defended her, said "It could have happened to anybody, nothing she could do about it," but I secretly thought Kathy's nonchalant attitude to the whole story was just a bit fetishistic. By the way, she was early 40's, single, athletic but slightly chunky build, very tall, longish brown hair, sweet face.
                      An interesting experience to have . I have great respect for nurses for what they do ! That I Hope that some day I can find one to be my wife .
                      They are Angels , in My opiinion , for what they have to do at times . To care for others who are injuried and need care . Her need to pee was Great though the activity in the E.R. was Greater in needing Her direct attention and action beyond that of personal need . I suppose it can happen occasionally to those in that profession .

I so appreciate what you had shared on here , Maria , it made for some really good reading ! Plus a thought I wouldn't mind getting to know her better . Should She want a B/F I'm available

Thank You

Dusty Harold

Comment

Indeed, nursing can be a bladder-straining job. I've heard other true stories about nurses wetting themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFoxtrot
                          Outside of jobs where environmental conditions prohibit toilet use (deep sea divers, astronauts, etc.) laws require suitable facilities to be made available to employees at regular intervals. Places that don't abide by those laws get in serious legal trouble pretty quickly.

I know that astronauts wear those special diapers for that purpose.

I remember your post in the thread about the desperate model at the Mexican rally event where you mentioned that models at automotive-related events don't always get adequate restroom breaks.

Comment

lifeguard

i like the lifeguard that doesnt get a break and tinkles her swimsuit

Comment

Receptionist can be another bladder-straining job as well. I've seen job ads where they even said receptionists have to stay at the desk between standard breaks.

Comment

Working...
                              X