Pisshunters site gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pisshunters site gone?

I don't subscribe but I do occasionally take a look at the pisshunters.com home page: today, the site appears to have completely gone. Or is that just for me?

B
    xxx

It's got domain parking on it which normally means somebody forgot to pay the renewal.

Whois suggests that their registration expired on the 17th January and the status is marked as 'Pending Renewal or Deletion'. So basically they've got a grace period to pay the bill or they'll lose the domain.

If they do lose control of the domain, they'll likely have trouble getting it back because some domain squatter company will likely swoop on it the second it's released.

Normally when this sort of thing happens, the site owner blushes and fixes it right away (within a day or two). That it's been expired 5 days suggests they don't exactly see it as a high priority.

Comment

No great loss.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxxx
        It's got domain parking on it which normally means somebody forgot to pay the renewal.
        The expiry date is given as 17th January 2016, which is a tad confusing.

Originally posted by Peevert
        No great loss.
        Well, that's a matter of taste, of course.

B
        xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Burstyn
          The expiry date is given as 17th January 2016, which is a tad confusing.
          Because somebody renewed it, just not the owners (otherwise it would have simply ceased to exist - "host not found").

Most likely it was renewed automatically by the site's previous hosting company on the assumption that they still want the domain and they will transfer it back to the owner just as soon as they pay the bill or will let it lapse if they don't.

If it's not the previous host who have it now, it'll be a domain squatter (they watch for expiring domains and leap on them) and they'll likely never get it back without paying a stupidly large fee.
          Last edited by xxxxx; January 27, 2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X