Interesting Blog Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Blog Post

This is an interesting true story. It is over two years old, but it's new to me.

There is one photo, but you can't see much.

I feel compelled to add some explanatory notes here, so I don't get flamed by someone accusing me of exploiting someone with medical problems.

The blog is by a woman who is writing about her experience battling colon cancer. But she is not the one who wet her pants.

Someone close to her (friend or family) was with her at a doctor's appointment in the treatment room. This woman's name is Megan.

While the physician's assistant was interviewing the blogger, Megan had a seizure. (Remember that Megan is not the cancer patient.) The seizure was not a complete surprise to the blogger. Apparently Megan has epilepsy or some other condition that causes seizures.

During the seizure, Megan wet her pants.

And after Megan recovers from the seizure, she announces this, and the blogger writes that she and Megan were both laughing about it.

So maybe this is not for everyone, but it is clear to me that the blogger found the whole episode entertaining, and wants her reader to be entertained by the story.

Scroll down to the section about Thursday:

http://www.theblogwithnoname.net/2015/03/03/

LM

Originally posted by Lawrence
    Megan had a seizure.
    I had a seizure once at a restaurant, after mixing three antihistamines because I didn't want to be sneezing all over dinner. Turns out you can't do that. :P Fortunately, although I thought I had peed myself, it turned out I was just sweating during the seizure.

"The nurses all looked at us in horror."

Although there are exceptions to the rule, nurses in the US are horribly under educated and have a serious lack of compassion for anyone's suffering but their own (they're the loudest whiners in an ER). A nurse should be the last person shocked by a seizure victim peeing.

Comment

Pants wetting does sometimes accompany seizures. There's nothing unusual about it.

Comment

Working...
      X