Wetting the bed in hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legsup
    I think you're totally in the right to be angry at the hospital staff Erin. Diapering someone who is passed out makes sense but denying anyone the chance to go in a toilet after they're sober enough to do so is cruel and serves no medical purpose. Clearly that was done to punish/humiliate him, which is your call to make as a parent.

As for the insurance/public health dept. having to pay for it, they/we also pick up the tab for adults in the same situation.

How long did your son's diaper punishment last?
    Thanks, glad someone agrees with me. The hospital said its standard procedure to always treat teens that are brought in like that as a way to discourage what they did to end up in the hospital but its still wrong.

I wouldnt call it a punishment but i kept him diapered until the next day, went and got another pack of diapers and kept him in them until they were used up, that was nearly 2 weeks.. Like i said not exactly a punishment, i just wanted him to remember it and learn from it so with luck, he wouldnt end up in hospital like that again. He hasnt ended up in the hospital but im pretty sure hes been drinking, i let it go that time but i think ill try the diapers again if it happens too much.
    Last edited by Erin; November 9, 2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Wow thats understandable. Do you still use diapers on him? I come from a family where bedwetting is common.

Comment

How have things been going with your son Erin? Any new incidents? When you say you "kept him in them" did you make him use them or just wear them? And did he have to lay down for you to diaper him? I hope for his sake he's been behaving himself.

Welcome Sara912. I'd love to hear about your bedwetting experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Legsup
          How have things been going with your son Erin? Any new incidents? When you say you "kept him in them" did you make him use them or just wear them? And did he have to lay down for you to diaper him? I hope for his sake he's been behaving himself.

Welcome Sara912. I'd love to hear about your bedwetting experiences.

Hi there, things are going good. a few incidents. When i say "kept him in them for a while" he did use and wear them and lay down for it to be put on. I know it probably seems a bit much but i thought he needed to remember it. Few other incidents but he really doesn't want to wear diapers again so i hope things get better.

Comment

I was in the hospital a few months back. I told the nurse I needed to wear a diaper at night, and had forgotten to bring my own. She went and got me a stack of these bright purple diapers and set them next to my bed. All the nurses/doctors/techs coming and going would surely have seen them. Not a single comment.

I diapered and changed myself over the course of the stay, as I was able to get in and out of the bed on my own.

I will tell you that I stayed diapered 24/7. Even had to ask for more. No one blinked.

I'm sure they see it all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
              Hi there, things are going good. a few incidents. When i say "kept him in them for a while" he did use and wear them and lay down for it to be put on. I know it probably seems a bit much but i thought he needed to remember it. Few other incidents but he really doesn't want to wear diapers again so i hope things get better.

I think you did a great job with him. sure it may be humiliating for a teen to be treated like that but it's for his own good. have there been any new incidents? if it happens again you should do it for longer. I have a son abd a daughter around the same age that are both bedwetters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara912
                I think you did a great job with him. sure it may be humiliating for a teen to be treated like that but it's for his own good. have there been any new incidents? if it happens again you should do it for longer. I have a son abd a daughter around the same age that are both bedwetters.
                Yes its pretty common. Thanks for the input. There have been other incidents and i am doing the same thing with him. Has been a really recent incident actually which is why i came here to check if there was anything new. Just don't know what to do sometimes -.-

Comment

I was in hospital last year

and on the second night I wet the bed. I had to call a nurse and, very embarrassed, told her what had happened. She was really sweet about it, changed the bed, gave me a clean gown and asked if it was a regular problem. I said it sometimes happened and she asked if I needed a incontinence pad . I said it might be better if I did wear one, and she helped me put a tena flex pad on. I had a couple more accidents while I was in hospital and the nurses were very helpful and didn't make a fuss.

Comment

Beth, you joined in 2011, and this is your first post?! Hope we hear more from you.

Comment

Working...
                    X