No announcement yet.

Update on great Aussie athlete Jessica Hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back home, I just watched back the race, 1500m second semi-final with top athletes Hassan, Kipyegon and Hull by stream.
    But the image quality of the stream is simply horrible, image can't keep up with the moving athletes - contant stutter.
    Only the slow-mo repeats after the race are watchable. From those at least I can say something about Jessica Hull wetting: not noticably
    Anyways, she finished 6th in 3:57.85 One of her better times, and 6th means she just qualified for the 1500 final next Tuesday.

Comment

Been digging in the mines a bit and I've got some that *might* be new to us?

They were taken at the 2023 Australian Cross Country Trials back in January.

First pic is dry, second and third pics near the end of the race with a lovely pee stain. Fourth pic standing around having a post-race chat in your pee-pee pants, as you do!

https://imgur.com/a/FKlXnuZ

Comment

Thanks for sharing! It started to look here like I'm the only one still interested

Comment

2 hours 45 min. to go till the 1500m final in Budapest
          7 out of 12 women got a better PB than Jessica. But who cares - as I said, Hull for the wetting Hassan for the winning Hassan beating Kipyegon, that would be something.

The pictures from January show clear wetness... the races in Budapest not much so far. Makes me think, it has become a little more dependent on her outfit.
          Last Saturday, if I saw it right, the slightly darker area of her shorts, between her legs had a rectangular outline.

So....... waterproof lining?
          Last edited by vincp40; August 23, 2023, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Ok Kipyegon 1st, Hassan 3rd and Hull 7th.
            21:30 local time means totally different light/shade/shadow conditions than on Saturday, which was in broad daylight.
            I did see something about Jessica's shorts towards the end of the race... but I can't be sure what

That's it then for Jessica in Budapest
            Last edited by vincp40; August 23, 2023, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I’ve only ever seen two meetings where she hasn’t beautifully pissed herself with that gorgeous smile of hers… the first was in the commonwealth games last year when she was still recovering from covid. She was well off the pace (ran a 4.16) and generally didn’t look like herself at all. I put her unexpected new-found bladder control down to her not being well and therefore not fully pushing herself, which explained both the dry shorts and slow pace.

Sure enough, new season started and she was back to her beautiful best, putting in PB times with her usual wet stain. Gorgeous!

It looks like Budapest is a second event where Jess has remained dry, but this time her pace has been superb. I don’t know if it’s a freak occurrence, wearing protection or perhaps some different material on the Aussie kit which doesn’t show the wetting very well.

Either way, we probably need to brace ourselves that one day, this show will end. I don’t expect that, having been a competitive runner all these years, she’s going to have suddenly grown out of peeing herself at 26. I expect she is highly likely to still be peeing on those final 400m. And I assume if she’s gone this long without using pads, it’s because they’re a potential hindrance to her comfort and performance (and let’s be honest, this happens to most of the girls at some point in their careers, it’s just Jess seems to do it all the time).

So, if she’s still peeing and she’s not wearing pads, my bet is that it’s related to her shorts. She MUST be aware of it, even if it’s clear it has never massively bothered her, but I notice she always wears black shorts when she’s training and she only really posts pictures to her socials where the wetting isn’t obvious. So I think she’s conscious of it and perhaps she’s now at the stage where the Aussie kit team are able to use material which hides it better for her. Or she uses period pants or something similar. Shorts are now becoming an issue that lots of women’s sports are picking up on for periods, so it’s logical that they’ll probably try to make her incontinence more discreet at some point too.

I hope she doesn’t feel self conscious about it (though I noticed she did her interview covering her crotch after tonight’s final). I fear she is starting to be more aware of it though. Maybe she Googled herself!

Comment

I found three semifinal photos that show more clearly she definitely still wets herself and I think the after-photo from the final demonstrates that too (given the legs and wet spots around her - and Laura Muir has a history of wet spots too, which I think is noticeable here), though I agree the clothing quality may be more subtle. To be honest, you have to wonder if sports journalists, too, are doing a better job not publishing photos that are too incriminating.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I thought that was it for Jessica but no! She's running the 5000m as well, right now!
                  Should have studied more of the scedule, LOL

Comment

OK - the second half of the race should be the most interesting to see developments in Jessica's outfit... but she got way too far back from the front group to be followed by camera.
                    There was a clear shot of Jessica though by the time she finished.
                    For now I'll stick to the idea of a waterproof lining.

Hassan and Kipyegon seemed to forget that this was only a semi final, they gave all they got, fighting for the win

Thanks for the pictures Herrokitty!
                    Last edited by vincp40; August 24, 2023, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Jess definitely wet at some point during the final (seemed to stay dry in the heat and semi), caught a glimpse of her glistening wet legs after the race, difficult to see the wet spot on her shorts because of the light, but rest assured it happened and that means she gave it everything, its just so darn competitive in the 1500 in this period!

Comment

Originally posted by vincp40 View Post
                        I thought that was it for Jessica but no! She's running the 5000m as well, right now!
                        Should have studied more of the scedule, LOL
                        Yeah, the only thing I have from 5000m is this pic - if the quality is reasonable after uploading, you may have an interesting zoom.

I assume she didn't qualify out of the heats with that placement, but impressive to even attempt after getting 7th in the world championships in 1500m. She's had to run at the top level 4 out of the past 5 days - she must be exhausted!
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by herrokitty View Post
                          I assume she didn't qualify out of the heats with that placement,
                          Indeed not, she ended up 26th in summary with 15:15.89.
                          (Hassan's time was 14:32.29! The first group were testing their high speed, it was said)

she must be exhausted!
                          She must be, yes!

Comment

Originally posted by herrokitty View Post

Yeah, the only thing I have from 5000m is this pic - if the quality is reasonable after uploading, you may have an interesting zoom.

I assume she didn't qualify out of the heats with that placement, but impressive to even attempt after getting 7th in the world championships in 1500m. She's had to run at the top level 4 out of the past 5 days - she must be exhausted!
                            That is beautiful on the zoom, she’s soaked and you can literally see the splashes down her legs. She’s an absolute dream.

The really funny thing is that Jess’s little bladder issue has genuinely got me interested in middle distance running. I can now have a genuine conversation about how amazing Faith Kipyegon is and how Jess is always a tiny bit behind Muir, but is Laura has been around for a while now and I’m sure Jess will get the better of her eventually!

Comment

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
                              That is beautiful on the zoom
                              OMG yes! Had not even tried yet!
                              So.... discard my waterproof lining idea. Screen resolution is everything

Comment

I read that Jessica got married. I wonder if she wears diapers to bed?

Comment

Working...
                                X